Saturday 15 September 2012

Formal proposal for documentary

Formal proposal
Dear Channel 4,
I am writing to you in order to propose my documentary to your industry. The topic of my documentary is Everyday Addiction. It will cover the topics of smoking, caffeine, beauty and social networking. Everyone will have their own specific stance on the subjects that will be raised within the documentary. It will also show a wide range of ages and the specific opinions of the vary within my target audience.
I will use a variety of techniques for example, interviews, voxpops, cutaways, and archive footage. I will also include conventions such as fade to blacks, cutaways and dissolves using Adobe Premiere.
The reason I have chosen Channel 4 is because it has an amazing reputation for creating similar documentaries that are often aimed at a similar target audience to mine, also the majority of their documentaries are mixed which is the same as mine.
 The style of my documentary is Original with elements of Archival. It would be scheduled to be shown at 9pm, I have decided to schedule my documentary at 9pm as it is a perfect time to engage with my target audience, it is a common time for children to be going to bed and adults and teenagers to be winding down and looking for something to settle down and watch on TV before they go to sleep which is a perfect time as it will appeal to my target audience and also probably ensure that the issues raised will provoke thought from my audience.
 The primary research I am going to use is various interviewees that are fitted into my target audience age range, this will appeal to my target audience and attract the right age and type of people. I will use the correct props and film my interviews in places featuring the suited mise-en-scene. I will include suited archive footage and use extracts from films that will be related to my documentary. I will also use facts and statistics in my voiceover and my documentary film. As well as this I will aim to challenge codes and conventions of documentaries in order to attract my audience and ensure my film is different and an outstanding production.
The resources I will use are a stills camera, a camera to film interviews, editing features and suitable locations to film interviews and footage.
As my documentary is aimed at young people it will be a fast paced informative and interactive film. Even though my target audience is between the ages of 16 and 18 with the features that I aim to use I will create a documentary that will appeal to anyone over the age of 16. The topics that are covered appeal to many ages and all different kinds of people as it gives an insight to the every-day lives of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment